Dear Tonto church family,
We know the current situation is challenging and difficult for you all. Your families, workplaces, schools, and neighborhoods are likely all scrambling to make adjustments to prevent any further spread of the virus, while still continuing to operate in the best possible ways. We know these adjustments are stressful and difficult. And because we know you are making all of these sacrifices, we commend you for your faith and your love.
It will be wonderful when we can all be together again, shaking hands, exchanging hugs. Unfortunately, the current recommendation from the government is that we practice social distancing. Out of love and concern for our neighbors and each one of you, the leadership has chosen to respect this recommendation.
- Individuals and/or family units must maintain a minimum of a two (2) seat space between themselves and the next person.
- To further facilitate social distancing, the service will be livestreamed in the fellowship hall on Sunday mornings if the 75 maximum capacity is reached in the main auditorium. The two seat spacing must be maintained there as well.
- Gatherings at the church building will be limited to Bible class on Sunday and Wednesday and worship on Sunday morning and evening. Classrooms in the old building will not be utilized because they don’t meet the social distancing requirements. Parents are asked to keep your children with you.
- For members who are not comfortable coming to the building you may want to have worship in your home. We ask that there be a minimum of 3 members and that a brother is leading and all five items of worship are carried out. For further instruction on having a service in your home contact the elders or ministers.
- Members not attending service at the building should mail or bring their offering to the church office. We are working on an digital giving solution and will inform you when it is operational.
Anyone who is at risk for severe illness (elderly (65+), have a compromised immune system, have an underlying medical condition (asthma, lung or heart disease, diabetes or pregnant) is encouraged to stay home. Anyone who is not feeling well, sneezing has a fever, cough, or suffers from a sudden loss of smell and taste should stay home and contact your doctor immediately. Do not go to your doctor’s office or the hospital unless you are specifically told to do so by your healthcare provider.
We are continuing to offer our worship services through our Facebook page and Youtube channel for the spiritual edification to those who cannot make it to the building. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and keep you informed of any changes.
In the meantime, here are some things of which you might want to be aware of:
- You can call the church office Monday through Thursday between 9:00 a.m and 1 p.m. to let us know about yourself or anyone you know who needs prayer or assistance.
- You can come by the church office weekdays between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to pick up prepackaged communion supplies if you are having worship service in your home.
You are all in our prayers during this challenging time. We all know this current situation is only temporary and we long for the day when we are able to embrace and greet you once again. Please let us know if we can minister to you in any way. Until then, be blessed and be a blessing to others!
In Christian Love,
The Tonto Street Leadership